Today I’m sharing my favorite recipe for homemade Chex Mix. I’m telling you – this is a fan favorite! We included this in our welcome bags for our wedding and I make it anytime I have a girls weekend, friends visiting or a family outing. It’s a great one to freeze as well!
Curried Chex Mix
- 1 box of Crispex
- Pretzel sticks, 6-8 oz
- 1 can mixed nuts
- Box of cheese flavored crackers (Cheez-its etc.)
- Fritos, 12 oz
- Cheese round crackers
- Goldfish crackers
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 – 8 teaspoons garlic powder
- 12 drops Tabasco sauce
- 8 – 10 tablespoons brown sugar (I like mine sweeter so use 10)
- 4 – 5 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 – 4 teaspoons curry powder
Melt butter and mix sauce ingredients together. Pour sauce over dry ingredients and mix well to coat. Place on large cookie sheets. Bake at 250 for about 45 minutes, stirring often as it can burn.
Note: we like to double the sauce recipe to make it extra flavorful. It can also be helpful to use a roasting pan to cook and mix the chex mix in as it makes a lot.