I’ve been obsessed with (mostly crime) podcasts for a few years now. I just finished the TV series Dirty John on Bravo (it’s so good) and I had listened to the podcast when it came out a year ago. If you haven’t seen it, or listened to it, I recommend both. It’s about a crazy, and I mean crazy, man who seduces a wealthy woman in Orange County and basically tries to brainwash her into believing he is god’s gift. Spoiler alert – he’s not.
Now that I have Theo I don’t have as much leisurely time so I tend to listen while I’m getting ready in the morning, during my workouts or driving in the car. Over the summer, I listened to a lot of podcasts when taking Theo and Jamo on walks.
Here are some I’ve listened to and recommend:
- Serial (specifically season 1) – This was the first podcast I listened to and was hooked. Season 1 examines a murder and whether or not Adnan Syed was actually the culprit. I just heard they are making a movie on Season 1 so if you’re late to the game and haven’t listened to this, what are you waiting for! It is so good. Side note: I was not a huge fan of Season 2 or Season 3.
- Dirty John – as outlined above. Bonus: in the TV series Connie Britton’s wardrobe is to die for. That in itself is worth a listen and watch.
- Doctor Death – another crazy (true) story about a surgeon who wreaked havoc on numerous patients and how our medical system failed to protect them.
- Atlanta Monster – this series takes a a look into the Atlanta Child Murders in the late 70s and early 80s.
- Cover-Up – I’ve always been slightly obsessed with the Kennedy family but for some reason, the story of Ted Kennedy’s car accident was something I didn’t know much about. This podcast explores that night and the involvement Ted had.
- RISE Together – I love Rachel Hollis and this podcast with her husband is really interesting. They talk about love and marriage and how to be your best self every day.
- S-Town – this podcast starts off by exploring clocks … but it takes a turn really quick. Trust me, it’s good.
What is your favorite podcast? Do you have any others I should add to my list? I’m always looking for recommendations!