We’re currently wrapping up a 2 day snow storm here in Wisconsin so I thought I’d share one of my favorite recipes that’s perfect for cold and dreary weather (added bonus that your house will smell amazing!).
One of my favorite “hostess gifts” is homemade banana bread. Wrap it up in some parchment paper with a cute ribbon and you’re set… and the next day the hostess doesn’t have to worry about breakfast.
For the bread:
For the swirl:
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a bread pan. Sometimes I use mini pans and freeze the smaller loafs for single morning servings.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together. Add baking soda and salt on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour.
- In a separate dish, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Place half of the banana bread batter in the loaf pan and sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. I prefer my banana bread slightly undercooked so I typically aim for 45 minutes. Note: if using mini loaf pans, only cook for 30-35 minutes.