Happy Friday! The first full week of the year is under our belts and has me thinking “goals”. What do I want to accomplish in 2019?!
- Run a race. I took last year off given my pregnancy but I’m looking forward to adding a race to my calendar this year. I’m aiming for at least a half marathon … and dare I even throw out the idea of a full marathon!? (Hey Brad – you in?!)
- Simplify. Alright, I watched two episodes of “Tidying Up” last night and I’m so intrigued. I want to do a deep dive of our house and figure out what we really need. (I for sure don’t need 10 white shirts to start…)
Family & Motherhood
- Soak it in. The saying “the days are long, but the years/months/weeks are short” rings so true. Sometimes in the thick of it, I can lose sight of how truly lucky we are. I want to make sure I’m fully soaking in this time in our lives. Every day he is changing so much. I look back at pictures, even from a few weeks ago, and I realize how fast time is going.
- Date nights. In 2019 we are going to get a set date night on the calendar. Whether that’s weekly, monthly etc. I think it’s so important to have that 1×1 time with your spouse.
- Travel. I cannot wait to show Theo one of our favorite things to do together and I’d love to get some trips on our calendar. We’re heading to North Carolina in a couple weeks and have a trip planned to Banff this summer. So excited to start showing him the world!
Bring it on 2019. I’m ready for you!